Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last Post of the Year


New year resolution: turn up at classes..haha:p

I want to write about frustration and disappointment. Then again, I think being pessimistic is not going to make me a better person. However, I am still going to write about those, but in an optimistic way. Or I hope someone could give me their thoughts on these issues. We face failures in life. In studies, in relationships, in friendships, you name it, the list is endless. We set our aims, and hope to achieve them, but sometimes the obstacles will find their ways to be in that path. Some of us live by the sayings “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going” but some break down and never recover. So, our inner strength and determination are the key aids in facing those down side of life cycle. How do we do that? From sayings? From seeking advises? Or the most profound way, to pray to God we will get through those turbulences. Whatever methods we are using, as long as they work, we’ll get through life obstacles. Even Tom Ford once said, “Failure in an opportunity to start again intelligently.” I guess one can look at failure as a recipe to success. Just look at Albert Einstein or Bill Gates. They were two people who failed but succeed (and bloody rich).




But to mourn over something but yet you don’t change anything about the situation is the recipe to doom ness (I don’t know if this is grammatically acceptable. Duh). Changes are needed. Especially in attitude. I say this because from that one vital aspect, you craft your life and your future. For an example of great role model, please do watch ‘Pursuit for Happyness’. A man determined enough to make us teary eyed and boosted our spirit. It made us realized that we are still fortunate to live in this country, (Note: As a peace lover, I hope all of us will not support any racism or terrorism based activities. Just look at what happened to Benazir. It’s frightening to imagine such situations in my hometown. And to see innocent people get killed). One more thing before I end my notions after quite sometimes (due to some frustrations and disappointments in life, hence this post), every time you are facing difficulties in life, don’t say, “God, I have a BIG problem”, but do say, “Problem, I have a BIG God”. After all, failure and success comes from Him. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully we’ll be better next year.

5 comments:

Mohd Najmie said...

it is bizarre this post is yet to get any comments
i really like your writings, to be honest, i think you put perspective in words in the most beautiful way (it is good you've moved on from your earlier photography-related posts because i don't really enjoy those XP)
though i never really talked to you (and i doubt it'll change) i do enjoy reading your blog

and the quote at the end of this post really touched me
because..

it is just too easy for us to forget Him

aween mokhtar said...

Tq najmie~~
I don't care the number of comments that I get for my posts, but the contents of the comment that matters...n u've just made my day=D

Yes, we forget Him too easily, I try to remind my imperfect self over and over again through my own conscience. Hopefully it can do good to others.

And you know what, your comments make me feel my writings mean something, at least to someone=)

Anonymous said...

huwaa lama tak tgk blog nih! sorry aween! :D

well.. nothing much to comment, and the positiveness is beautifully written.

to post bout frustration and disappointment, i suggest that you construct in words what has happened, and how you should do actually (vice versa of what happened la)

that should be interesting and can be a reminder to you and us too.

just an addition: "we set our aims, we work for it, and not only hope to achieve them". its better to work on aims rather than only hope, right? :D

happy new year and may it brings more happiness and lucks to you :D

aween mokhtar said...

tq mr re-arrange...

I don't really share personal experiences in public..i share it by writing about them in general...yeah, maybe it can be lessons to others but I guess I still keep my life a privacy. And the comments I get can help. Maybe if I really do feel like sharing is a way to heal, I will tell. Time will tell=)

And yep, action speaks louder than words. May your wishes come true too!=D

Farhan Iqbal said...

[bz utk mengomen...skang dh x bz]

when u stat to move on from something dat r terrible, u will gain more strength and knowledge...it both applies for mentally and physically...it can be much easier if u ask for Allah's help...remembering Him is only matters...

He said "when u remember me, then i will always remember you"

may all of us be granted peace, hidayah and strength for this coming maal hijrah...it is time to move on too for me..

(^^)v