Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jan-04: Bright and Glittering Dinner




I guess Thaqif had a point. I should be talking about the Jan-04 batch dinner. This hopefully can attract my beloved batchmates to come. Okay, I’ve just came back from promoting to every house in my block (which consist of my batchmates) and I’m quite disappointed with the reception. I mean, I don’t want to go stressing on the point we are volunteering our time, effort, money etc2 to organize a dinner for a batch whom I really hope to celebrate the end of my university years with, regardless they are my friends or not. I have a bunch of good friends (Thank God they all will come) and hopefully no enemy, but I am indeed fond of my batch. Despite the differences. Despite the skema-ness. I honestly feel this is the best batch for me. We support each other in many ways.

I remember we cheer for them for matches (Freestyle and Picisan), supporting the most talented band in this university (The Capoiz), even the guys came and support us (Smackthat) for our futsal league. And that’s only in my (and few other people) case. I’m sure all of us have friends whom we spend so many times with for the past 5 years right? Birthday celebrations, Ipoh outings, karaoke outings, clubs; so many to mention. But most of us had our best times with people from our batch. Why don’t make the dinner an event to reminisce all those memories? The final moment you can laugh and have fun with your friends, enjoying the things we are working hardly for you guys for this one aim: To get as many people from our batch to come and commemorate the end of our 5 years journey. If not everyone, at least those who have sense of belonging to this batch. I am sorry if me, or any committee has said or do something that might offended anyone, but please understand we are human, and human makes mistakes. I just hope people will appreciate our efforts rather than criticizing every flaw(s) that we made. We are trying to cope with everything (FYP, assignments, tests) while keep our cool under pressure. I really hope that people don’t come because of that.

Anyway, this is my best effort to try persuading my batchmates to come. We will have great meals with great performances (all from our batch, to finally show their talents), games, awards, lucky draws and above all, a night to remember. We don’t promise you perfection, but we will try to do our best to make it the night you will remember. Especially with people who have been there for you for the past 5 years. I hope that’s a good reason indeed. Hope to see you guys there!

7 comments:

Hani said...

thanks zainur

we can only try, but people are the ones who decide if what we do can really be appreciated.

we still think each of us deserve this. but maybe they don't.

so sume org, kamon2 dtg dinner batch! best of bestest eceh!

Mohd Najmie said...

wow
ko post pamphlet malas aku?
tapi aku lom wat ticket lg, sori =P

5 years is too long not to have any friends
5 years is too long not to have any memories
5 years is too long not be commemorated with a grand ending

thing is
the nostalgic feeling is yet to come
we are just about 2 months since our internship
balik2 kene wat repot, kene wat hardbound
then lumbe cari sv utk fyp
add drop some more
before you realize it, prelim repot dah
for chemi students, pdp
takde progress, tetibe dah mintak progress repot
then, tests, assignments, as usual

no im not talking about the committees
im talking about everyone else
the nostalgic feeling that "all we treasured here will be lost in a very short while, so why don't we engrave it with a memorable dinner?" is yet to come
more so for us engineering students with another semester to come

"rm75 for a dinner? i really want to go, but don't u think it is too expensive?"
"well, i'll see, if i want to go i'll confirm with u later"
"i don't want to go, i don't have friends, i only play games all my utp life, i don't think i'll enjoy being there"
"well, if all my clicks go, then i'll go"

i really appreciate what you've done, and i wish u best of luck
i, as a committee member, would also like to say we'll try to make this dinner as memorable as you could've hoped for
cut rm5 from your next few monthly allowances and hopefully it will be worth it!

mira said...

Me too!

So very hopeful tht most if not all of our batch will join tht dinner.

Okay, maybe some of us will argue that RM 75 is rather expensive. tapi the whole purpose of this dinner is not for food and entertainment per se. it's for us to get together with people who has been thru thick and thin with us this whole years. yes, we might not know a whole bunch of others from other courses, but hey, at least, if you go, at least u'll know those ppl ARE indeed your batch, and you easily have one thing in common.

then again, what is so important about knowing ppl of the same batch? obviously, it'll broaden our network. and it's important to have tht later in life.

of course you can always meet up your close friends in a less pricy occasion that does not require you to dress up. i cant argue more. thing is, you'll forever be among your friends and miss the chance of knowing others who can be equally friends and fun.

ouh, ape lagi nak tulis. em, i guess if you do wanna go to the dinner because of the price, i can tell you, i too feel dat. but i'll also tell you, despite the price, i'll still go because this might be the last chance i'll ever be surrounded by my friends in beautiful clothes.

if you dont have anything to wear, trust me, i hate dress up as much as i hate pink color. huhu~ but i'll still go and i'll wear anything that i can afford. even if it's not bright and glittering.

so, lets make this happen. lets get together for one last time.we do have one thing in common. :)

Uena said...

me too!!
thanx to u and to all committees!!
kalo korg xstart nk wat sume mende2 neh.. i guess nobody wanna volunteer themselves. and at the end.. we dun 've our own batch diner for d very last and memorable ending. :)

gogo.. i'm alwiz gve ma support to u guys!! thanx once again, and lets make our diner is the best eva!! :)

aween mokhtar said...

Thanks guys. I hope people see it that way. Hopefully it'll be great right. I know hard works will pay one day. Thanks for your efforts and support too!=D

Anonymous said...

waaa..dinner batch..nice2..kamon2..wat plg best skali...err..klu bole hot2 sket..hak2..gudluck

Husna said...

can't wait to go to the dinner! :)