Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brangelina.

To lazy to write?
Yes, that explains ideally my condition for the past few days.
Lame. I know.
It’s not like this is an assignment I have to submit.
But writing is self gratifying. Personally.
So, today, now, I’m going to write about random things.

I’ve watched:
1) Slumdog Millionaire
2) Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3) Changeling


And I absolutely love: all of them. Not only because they are Oscar Nominated / Winner (though it was the main reason I’ve watched them) and not only because there are two of my favorite actor and actress (Oh, Brad and Angelina, you guys are too gorgeous), the movies are filled with emotion, plot and meaning. Let me reviewed briefly my opinion on these 3 movies.

Slumdog : Combination of fairy tale of a boy who wins Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, with very fascinating journey of life that leads to every right answer, portraying the reality of people in the slum of India. I’ve read so few Indian author novels like White Tiger and they are eye opener to the other side of culture and world.

Curious Case: A definite fiction, how life is filled with happiness and miseries from an eye (or more to writing) of a person born to live life in reverse. I love movies which depict writing in diaries because that showed what you wrote will be left behind and remembered. Life is not perfect, but what you made out of it that matters.

Changeling: True Story. A determined mother that fights for her rights, against group of arrogance men is so my type of movie. I believe in woman rights and power. This story is all about that. Also, portrays life is shitty, but you don’t give up. You have hope. We all need that in life. Angelina rocksss! (haha).

Okay. That’s all for the movie review. I’ve finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the third time and it never fails to move me. Sometimes, I wonder, what is my contribution to the world, or at the very least to my family, and myself? I am yet to be determined by these people to finally found the answer. May God help me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't watch any of the movies...
sigh~

aween mokhtar said...

hehe.
beli dvd je nnt.
u shud watch them=)

MataBogel said...

benjamin button overrated la

Anonymous said...

slumdog -> kagum!
benjamin button -> unique~