Friday, December 31, 2010

2010, the year that was.

First of all,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Let's welcome 2011 with open embraces.

Wow. What a year it had been. A year older, a year wiser? Let's be forever young at 24?? (middle 20s crisis.LOL).

I just had to be thankful to Allah for had given me an awesome year. It's flawed of course, but it was nearly perfect. Here's the highlight of my life in 2010:

1. Singapore with friends. First time took the night train so that was the first of many things. It was great and I miss UTP when I thought of hanging out with them. And one of them is married now. Time does flies.
2. Match in Old Trafford, then off to Europe. That was like a dream came true. Plus, the companies were great. Really a trip to savour for a lifetime.
3. Got to work with my no 1 choice company. Well, it's still early to give any verdict if it's still a dream company (but the pay is definitely a dream came true :p). The sad part was leaving the peeps in Bumi Armada. They were really awesome.
4. Won the biggest contest in my life. Got to see the current best player in the World, Lionel (Leo) Messi in Barcelona. It was on par with the OT trip. Totally still awesome.
5. Gotten over my fear of driving and finally got my license (yes I was a loser no more!Haha) and a car. Hopefully it'll be formalized on paper soon!. Guess it's not as scary as I thought. Maybe I should try Bungee Jumping next. LOL.
6. Love lost and found. And lost in translation. End of 2010 was a confusing time for love. I guess it's the neverending mystery.
7. Life is short so death is imminent. Let all be aware and let us not strayed off the right path. Amin.
8. On 30th December 2010, Malaysia had become the champion of AFF Suzuki Cup. That was a historical footballing event. A great end to 2010.

2010 showed me that dreams are not impossible to be realized. So I hope in 2011, I'll dream bigger and they will come true. If it doesn't, well, life goes on. Here's a toast for the year that was and the year that begins today. Have a great year ahead everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally something to read about.

Mohd Najmie said...

OMG happeningnye 2010 ko!
byk bende aku xaware pon, hahah!
good for you!

aween mokhtar said...

Err. Anynomous.

Najmie, Yep, so many things happened, and alhamdulillah a lot of good things too.

Well, u beat me in one thing: u went to see World Cup!That's the ultimate footballing experience. I want to do that before I retire from football scene. Hahaha. So Brazil 2014 here I come!:D

I_d0nT_Lik3_t0_bUiLd_sH1p$ said...

yes, something to read about.