Monday, January 10, 2011

A woman worth.

I have started 2011 with….a fever!

Yes, I’m down with fever all week long. Until now I still have cough and flu. Yep, with a ‘bang’ I celebrated my New Year.

Not complaining as I am still alive. Alhamdulillah.

I don’t know why but when I think where I am right now, where I’m about to doubt my abilities to be someone great in career, and when I’m about to blame it on the toughness of ‘Men’s world’ I live in, something will knock some senses to my brain. In this case, Oprah did.

I have just watched an episode on US Women Army. They dealt with war. The whole shenanigans. And a lot of them were going through divorce and child custody battle. And worse, homeless. Oh my, how my ‘hardship’ seems like this tiny bit of nothingness. Those women went through hell on earth and they still kept their heads up high. Still had so much pride of what they did/are still doing for their country. Although they were left homeless after they became veteran.  

That was a slap in a face for me. Sure, I am working in a majority filled men industry, but at least nobody tried to rape or kills me in the process. It’s just the difference in environment and work culture. That’s all. I’m braving through this stage of life, still overwhelmed but intact. I love challenges, and I like to believe in the saying, “whatever that doesn’t kills you, will only make you stronger.”

Everyone wants an easy life, where money is overflowing and you’ll get things done your way. Some people are blessed with trust fund, some people with genius minds like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, they earned their money the creative way. For us working class citizens, we sail through life by being the best at what we do. But maybe being the best at what you love to do is the ideal life everyone is aiming for. So in the meantime, every time the ‘giving up’ feeling resurfaces, remember to stop doubting yourself, and be awesome instead.Awesomeness goes a long way!

P/S: To all the superwomen out there, you women rock! (Especially my mom.Hee).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

owh! freakin awesome.. tinggi pulak messi dalam gamba tuh.. bukan dia pendek ke? keee.. author mmg pendek? lol

aween mokhtar said...

Haha. Author pendek lah bro :p.Messi xdelah tinggi sgt.

I_d0Nt_LiK3_t0_bUiLd_sH1P$ said...

What industry/occupation is mostly filled by women? Nurse,modelling and factory production operator to name a few. yet men who venture into these industries aren't called supermen,in fact not in any industry at all. then why is it than just because a women works in a man filled industry she is regarded as superwomen? instead they are seen as effeminate or "sissies", "weaklings" and other derogatory words. Worst is that this perception comes from women themselves~!the double standardry is very disturbing and unfair.
A women's or man's worth in my opinion is in their virtue,honour, and dignity.Excellent virtue, upholding honour and safeguarding a respectable dignity are the true measure of one's worth.Challenges in life are aplenty,just keep in mind that it is to prepare yourself for future success in life or hereafter. lets succeed together.