Saturday, March 16, 2013

Where True Happiness Lies =)

I want to set a positive tone to this post.

Most people, at one stage (or even more) in their life, goes through hard times, feeling like everything is working against them.

And each time, you will try to pick yourself up, dust off your shoulders and move on. Easier said than done right? Some even falls into depression.

I won't be a hypocrite and say I'm a truly positive person. I fell into the category of "why me" a lot of times. I sometimes envied other people lives and wished I was in theirs instead.

Usually the phase will pass and I will be regretting the so called 'depression' mode that made me an ungrateful and negative person. However, I won't say it's completely a waste, especially in my recent 'dark' times, as it really taught me a lesson or two: this world is indeed temporary. What is real happiness? Nobody has the textbook answer to the question. Putting the ideal worldly definition: To be rich, good looking, have a picture perfect life, yes, some might agree with that. But as a muslim, you should look beyond this life. It's a concept we are all aware of (yes you either go to Paradise or Hell, so make good choices) but do we really get it? We are imperfect, we can't be making good choices all the time (even our intentions are at stake everyday). Hence, we need constant reminder. And Allah indeed knows us best. He tests us constantly, for us to really understand the meaning of life. For us to pass this big exam (like how our tests build up to our final exam) and get the most desired result: Jannah. Allah is indeed the Greatest and loves us all.

So, what do we do when we have tests? We study. And today, so many materials readily available. Facebook, Youtube, Google....all you need is a click away. I used to listen to songs, watch movies, read all the quotes when I was sad. I read the Quran and pray but I admitted it, I don't really dig into the meaning of the ayahs. I felt at ease spiritually but the cycle will repeat when I was tested. Nowadays, I am beginning to appreciate the beauty of Quran and I hope it's not too late for me to really grasps all the words that my Creator is conveying to make me realize that nothing in life is worth being stressed about. And for me to look into Rasulullah S.A.W (peace be upon him) sunnah and behaviors to make me a better person than what I am today. In the end, those are the two most important books for me to pass the final exam. Hopefully Allah keeps on reminding me (all the time) and surround me with positive people, Amin. I hope whenever I'm going through difficulties in life, this post will remind me, that this, shall too will pass :).




"I came back to you because I could not find the kind and decent things I found in you anywhere else" - Rumi

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! Looking for further update! Games can be entertaining too! Why not sell runescape accounts ?