Monday, May 4, 2009

Mind.Food.Drink.

I enjoy intellectual conversations. I do gossip (I am no angel), I do small talks and all, but what sticks in my mind longer than usual are conversations which are insightful (I always thought I have dory-the-fish-short-term memory. Sigh).

Like example, I’ve followed my boss and colleague to meet their client, where one of them was an ex TUDM pilot. I’ve listened to so many experiences he had for the many years he spent in the armed forces, about Tun, what happened in Bosnia and Acheh, also how God’s punishment can be done in seconds to people who are lost in this temporary material world. It’s scary when you think our world is becoming to its end somehow.

Today, I happened to have another insightful conversation, ranging from the state of our country, to academics, to languages and just life experiences. I love listening to stories from other people because by envying them, you could motivate yourself to be better. I miss conversing with people because when I was working before the people there were, erm, let’s just say not in the same wavelength as I am.

It’s hard to find someone you can tell everything to.
But it brings me some kind of relieved to share my thoughts with people who understand.
In the end of the day, I realize that I do give a damn about the world. And I need people to know. That’s all.


It was that kind of a crazy afternoon, terrifically cold, and no sun out or anything, and you felt like you were disappearing every time you crossed a road. ~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 1

0 comments: