Saturday, May 29, 2010

Euro Trip (Rome)

The Roman Empire was not built in one day. Yes, even touring Rome in one day won’t be enough so we allocate 1 and half there day. Verdict: Still not enough. I really wanted to tour Vatican City but due to limited time (and fund), we could only take picture at St Peter.

Me and another friend got into the tour guide group for Colosseum and it was great. The Italian by the name Gianluigi (yes, like Buffon’s name) was a passionate tour guide who told the story of Colosseum ( I wasn’t really paying attention due to picture taking and it was drizzling, so we were rushing off to see other places). Oh by the way, Gian was a cute Italian too. Hehe.

Rome’s buildings were indeed magnificent. To think they could carved all the sculptures and details that lasted by centuries was just mind blowing. I’m sure people with artistic mind will appreciate them more.

The hostel we’re staying, The Independence Square Hostel, was the best hostel we went to. Not only the room was nice, the caretaker (although seem cold at first) was a nice chap. We said to him that we would recommend the hostel to our friends, then he said, “Honey, write whatever that you feel from your heart.” Hehe. So caretaker (man, how could I forgot his name), Grazie per l'ospitalità e spero di rivederti!

Oh, another warning, those two days I was in Rome, there were two attempts of snatch thief right in front of me. To me, mind you. The money belt was really helpful and saved me from losing any important stuff. So just be careful because Rome was quite crowded and you could be distracted.

Tossed a coin into Trevi Fountain (which was beautiful) and you might come back to Rome! Well, I didn’t do it but maybe I would like to come back. One day. Heh.




0 comments: