Sunday, October 7, 2007

L-O-V-E


Our brain works perfectly well 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...until we fall in love..:p

Have you ever seen a stranger on the road and suddenly you feel the tingling sensation inside? Like she / he was meant for you all these while? Love at first sight, that’s what some experts call the situation. However, in reality, we might call that strong attraction simply an eye candy moment. Where attractive male / female caught your eyes and you felt some excitement due to human nature trait: Fondness of beautiful things in life. Or maybe that someone doesn’t really have a striking look, but attracts you due to your own preferences in the opposite gender. Let it be their height, body type, eyes, smile etc. I am no believer in love at first sight although I am a sucker for romantic movies with those eye-to-eye-then-leads-to-happily-ever-after moments. I am a girl after all. He-he. I think (and hope) I am rational when it comes to the subject of love. Love is very subjective, yes, everyone knows that. Everyone can have their sayings on this matter. My interpretation of love? When he won’t question my actions for my family, especially for my mom. And when he leads me to the right way of faith. I think those two are sufficient enough. Maybe if I’m lucky, I can have those and other additional traits. Hopefully God hears my prayer. Amin.

Then again, sometimes I think I tend to be like most people. When we like the surface, we like to believe that the insides are as perfect as our wish lists. Some of us work hard to achieve that perfection until we realize we can’t force a goat to eat meat. Or like Malay proverb said, “Bagai menunggu kucing bertanduk.” People simply said they fall out of love. I sensibly think there's no such thing. I think we judge too soon, involve too deep, then we realize he / she is not the One. When that occurs, we had already sacrificed our time, money, energy, strength of faith etc. for the dreaded moment: The Break-Up. I might sound harsh or maybe ignorant to those who had experienced the heart breaks of love (My once experience with heart breaks was somehow easy but bitter till now), but I think we can avoid all the hassles if we try to assess our values and wait just a bit longer. And it doesn’t hurt to listen to people who really care for you (Note: Families and Friends).

Like I said, everyone has different opinions when it comes to this topic. Maybe that’s why this topic never bore us; they are everywhere from daily conversations to movies to songs. They all share one aim: To find the meaning of L-O-V-E. Maybe someday we will, maybe we won’t. In the mean time, I will try to neutralize all these ‘maybes’ by having hopes and faith. With a little bit of efforts .I am a believer of love after all. In my own interpretation.This is a quote from someone I find intriguing:

If it’s the eyes that judge beauty, it will be more to lust. If it’s the heart, it will be more to trust.”

I trust my heart. But hopefully I don't let it overrule my brain=)

12 comments:

Izzi Yaacob said...

sometimes we misunderstood the meaning of love..love could give happiness to everyone,but sometimes,love will destroy our life,unless if we can handle it wisely,people would say anything about love..but people will also misjudge bout love..heh~

p/s:finally,you got your own blog..good for you.clap1000X..

mira said...

love=the one subject im trying to avoid nowadays. :p

Farhan Iqbal said...

not an expert bout love..yet somehow, god will give the sign when the times come...and along the way, waiting for that time, we should improve ourselves since a good person would be able to live with good person as god had said...trust Him and may we had prepared what should we prepared when the time come...

p/s im not an expert...

aween mokhtar said...

wuu..thanks guys for the opinions..~
izzi - love is complicated..misjudge, misinterpretation..it's endless...u pn da ade ur blog nmpknye:P
Mira- yer2, i noe y ure avoiding that topic..but hey, maybe for future reference;)
Paan - Yeah, I think that's the best way..tapi, don't you think kite kene berusaha to find that good person? That's when all this assessment on love occurs (for me la..nt an expert too:p)

Anonymous said...

wah wah.. layak jadik dr love gak nih! :P

Love your interpretation on perfection from the two sides: surface and inner.

As for the love interpretation itself, well, as you said, everybody has their own opinions. :)

Keep the post coming!

aween mokhtar said...

haha~
nah..nt an expert about love...curious tho:p
I thought they call you dr love..so any tips on finding the One?;p

Farhan Iqbal said...

berusaha itu mmg...takde usaha Allah tak tlg a..ye dak?..kihkih..

in a way berusaha n menunggu can be the same....berusaha mencari org yg sesuai sama gak cam menunggu org yg sesuai..

the act is the same...just the words that differ...(kot)

^^

MataBogel said...

love?=love me la.easy as ABC.setel prob.owh ya.kamu kene duit banyak to love me.i hate to call people.dont have idea to talk.lets sms..love msg.lol

aween mokhtar said...

paan - Owh, maybe bm aku mcm teruk, so xtau i means the same..haha

payeh- money? sorry, aku pn xde duit nk kal2 org..guess we are nt meant to be together eh:p

Hani said...

u shud have started blogging long time ago la! i so like ur writing.

aihhh talking bout love, again. well, as simple as words can say, tak semua yg kita mahu itu, baik utk kita. :D

chill la kan! haha!

Farhan Iqbal said...

zack-chan: wah gud quote..
zainur: koh2..tarak hal..btw, i do think payeh meant that he would prefer sms than call..and quite the same as ur saying..

omg..are you guys ....

tQ~

aween mokhtar said...

paan..ape yg ko sdg katekan ini..i dun get it..haha..btw, thanks zac, and yeah, nice quote=)