Thursday, October 18, 2007

Raya 2007

First Syawal had passed by. Every year, I never fail to reminisce the DAY (or days) into words. No exception for this year. In fact, this year, I can tell about my festive Aidilfitri with the help of photographs. If I’m about to put all the pics in this post, I’m not sure if they can fit the whole page. There are two things about my families (cousins to be exact) people should know. They love cameras, and singing. I think love would be inaccurate. Obsession more like it. Ha-ha. I guess some of those obsessions apply to me too. All right, here goes my Raya story.

Eve of Raya

After hard works of the whole day (anyam ketupat, cleaning up the house, last minute shopping, and definitely last Buka Puasa), this was the night we were all looking forward to. After Maghrib prayers and Takbir, the cameras started clicking away..



This is just the beginning:p (btw, the date on the camera was totally off track. Duh)

This year was more happening than last year because nearly all my cousins, aunties, uncles were back at Rasah, our kampung (it’s a Taman actually) which used to be my home for years and years. I’ve been living in Rasah for so many years, thus to be back there even for a short while brought back all the memories. In fact, me and my cousins love reminiscing of the good ol’ days. How arwah nenek would kejar us with rotan around the house. Me mengaji with nenek with my tears flowing endlessly after been rotaned, arwah atuk with his famous-and-so-sedap-but-during-hujan-only nasi goreng. Gosh, I miss them so much. I pray to God that they will be in the group of solehs and solehahs. Amin.


Erm..big kids who still think they were kids..And the real kid…hehe

So as usual, the bunga api and mercun session. I think us grown ups were more enthusiastic about it than the kids (or we simply took over from them. Haha). I don’t know when this inner childishness will stop but hey, nothing wrong in being a child once a year right (or maybe few times a year :p). And then, a ritual we do every year since the past few years: makan2 at ANW. The only setback was I never really get ALL my cousins to go. Never the less, it was fun, and noisy. Yes, we were bunch of noisy people with poses every time the cameras were around. That’s why we were the center of attention :p. Always. Haha.


Few of many pics we took that night…Yep, more like girls nyte out..Only 3 heroes were there..:p

So we went back, exhausted and very much ballooned (term I used for eating too much: p), gossiped and went to sleep in the living room. A great eve of Raya indeed=).

First Raya

I think this year’s first Raya was calmer than last year, although there were more people. Due to some of us woke up early, thus the fight for toilets were not that gruesome anymore (I think we are maturing with time:)). However, the most awaited forgiving and duit Raya session would always be the best time of Raya (I have like one more Raya before I stop getting duit Raya:( )


The annual Raya pic at Rasah..Not all of us were here though

Then off to Masjid at Kuala Sawah, tok nyang, nek nyang, atuk, nenek graves. Afterwards, the beraya session to houses around Rantau. Again, I was pretty much ballooned. Not forget to mention that in every house that we go, the pictures were always taken. And we would be like jakun people who never see a camera before (Or imagining we were celebrities for a day. LOL).


Rasah’s Beautiful (fool) Girls..haha…;)


Different house, different location, same people...:p


Second Raya

Nearly all the family members were here (Except for some including a baby left in the car by the parents who rushed to get their pictures taken. OMG!)

A picture can tell thousand words. The annual Kawal family gathering was another function we never miss to attend. This year was more or less the same as the previous years (except for the increasing numbers of our family members). To add another good news was we won MOST of the lucky draws (the atuk2 would say, “asyik keluarga Kamariah je.” Sorry atuk2, we just got lucky!:p). Plus, we just found out that our Tuk Nyang (or great tuk nyang..or great2..Haha) was from royal families in Pagar Ruyong. The families had Teuku in front of their names but eliminated it due to fear of enemies…Wuhuu, I had royal bloods. Again, the poyoness strikes. Ahaha.It’s fascinating to hear about your roots and heritage. It makes you value your families more. Basically, this Raya, again, showed me that families are the foundation of my life, which keeps getting me stronger as times pass by. Basically, I don’t think there’s anyone whom I love more than them. Je’taime, moi familia. So there goes my Raya story. I’m looking forward for next raya!:D.






2 comments:

Hani said...

aween, ur kazen sgt ramai ok. ive bunch of kazzens to and missing them so much kan kan. hehe.

btw our famili have one thing in common. they like to sing, A LOT. blergh. but moi cannot sing loer! haha!

slmt hari raye still!

aween mokhtar said...

yerp..miss a wholet lot of them..can see that u have strong bond with them too..:)

Not all of my cuzins can sing..but some of them sing pretty well, so it was fine when all of us go for a karaoke session. singing is fun!=)