Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Colours



"My main interest in photography is to come back with images that reflect what I saw and the way I saw it" (Chan Bing Fai)

Okay, I’m in the mood of writing. Today, the topic is: Colours of Life. I’m inspired by the photograph shown above.

What/Who colours our life? Family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, crushes, money…etc2? They are the reasons you are still living your life right? Imagine you are Tom Hanks, stranded in an island with a coconut as your friend…Hmm...The world would seem so grey wouldn’t it? But that situation rarely happens. Only in movies, or when you do quizzes in magazines (which asked you to choose what items you would bring if stranded in an island…If indeed you are stranded, I don’t think we can choose what we want. That’s why it’s called stranded. As in isolated. Duh)


Those people/things can make your life as colourful as the double rainbows emerging after the rain, or as dark as the nightfall (Still, night has stars and moon, so it might not be complete darkness=p). I’m using analogies I think I understand. If you don’t, you are definitely clueless (or hopeless somehow). Ha-ha. My point is, without those colours, you’re just a blank page, insignificant and forgettable. Do you want your life to be that way ? Thus, search for your true colours, and produce the most memorable painting, even Da Vincci would be proud of.


P.S: By the way, too much colours can give you a headache, but too dark will look gloomy. So, let’s learn how to make a great painting by combining experiences and conscience. Plus, guidance from the ultimate teacher, our God=).




My Ideal Colours Of Life. I want to add more yellow, more white, a bit of grey..but this will do for the moment=)


Additional post:

I feel like portraying what I wrote above. Okay, here are the keywords and the portrait closest in describing what I want my life to be (from my own interpretation)

Red: Love, Love, Love (We all need it :p)
Green: Familia. Mon Amie. They put you at ease=)
Blue: Friends (They are like the skies. They are simply unlimited and they are always with you)
Yellow: Adventures (They brighten up your life)
Grey: Money (They can turn into white / black. Depends on how you use them)
White: Good deeds (How the world needs those. A smile is always a good start)









4 comments:

mira said...

dang.

me too, im lacked of grey..!! haha

Anonymous said...

intrigued.

money as grey colour? hmm..

the rule of "those who have" and "those who have not".

aween mokhtar said...

ahah..my own interpretation..

Mr Re-Arrange:I just feel like money can either make you or break you, that's why I choose grey.You can make it pink if you like=p.

Mira: Give me the grey...I have a long list of things to buy..haha=p

MataBogel said...

yeah..what ever color.still i want red,yellow,blue,green,white,black,chicken shit grey.

haha

ManU sucks.

YNWA