Sunday, September 7, 2008

Responsive action~

I vow to myself to write in my blog every week. Although perchance what I write is not meaningful, or crappy in other phrase. Thus, to stay true to my words, I want to write about response to nasty words / actions.

Have you ever been in this kind of situation?

You: Dude, can you please lower your voice. I want to watch this movie.
That Dude: Do you think you own the cinema? Suke hati aku lah!
You (Option A): Are you that selfish?? You A******! This is not your cinema too! Have some respect!
You (Option B): I am asking you so that I and other people can watch this movie without being distracted. There’s no need for the harsh tone ok.

Well, just a favourite-all time scene (and due to the iklan digi teletubbies). There are so many examples where people are harsh to one another. It can be due to so many reasons. Our friends, boyfriends, family members can utterly do or say something that really pisses us off. So, what reaction will you give? A or B? Okay, maybe A is a bit OTT (Over the Top), but my point is you could respond by being angry or by calm. And we tend to do A. Where it can leads to a bigger fight. It is just like lighting petrol. It can burst. And just like fire, it takes time to extinguish. Or maybe die naturally.

I myself always feel irritated at an angry person. Because I feel I don’t deserve such treatment. But when I think about it again, my action of responding negatively to a negative situation is like the same pole of magnet pulled away from one another. We can never neutralise them. Until we change the pole. Or the other person does. Thus, I think whenever someone says or do something unkind / cruel / nasty, I will try to analyze them. Then I will act. Maybe it’s stress, maybe it’s due to hormonal imbalance (women only) or maybe they are certified a******* (I’ve got this info from The A****** book). The first two I can tolerate with but not with the last one. They will never change so it is okay to act A on them.

Anyway, we will never know how we will react. But it’s better to have this conscience. Hopefully it’ll help us manage our anger and channel them to do something more beneficial. Like our assignments and stuff (LOL).


4 comments:

nadeetos said...

i doubt lah kn that ada org akan reply " Do you think you own the cinema? Suke hati aku lah!".. gle grg.. haha

but if ada.. mebi ill just shut my mouth pastu buat bdo je kot.. keke
im such a lembik.. :p

Shafiq Fhadly said...

ahaha zainur nk jd pendakwah bebas ke...but good approach for a better society hehehe aku pn kekadang ske gak tulis camni

nway, so far bcoz aku a bit stress kt miri nih, aku tend to mencarut2, even org kt dpn bwk kete slow di lorong kanan. but obviously the f word is now a common word, not a maki hamun anymore right.

aween mokhtar said...

teetos -Haha. Yeah, mcm exaggerate gle.
Well, just an anology. Anyway, I will keep silent too. Tapi kalau da pissed off, ley je sound. But depends on ke'besaran' org tu.haha

Capiq - ye, aku mmg bercite2 dr kecik nk jd pendakwah.haha.Nah, im trying to teach some anger management to myself.And maybe others ley learn too.ahah. Btw, F word ke, a word ke..da common. But i still try to avoid saying tht. Keke.

Mohd Najmie said...

a word ngan f word tu ape? saye tatau, hehe

btw aku maybe takkan ade option A or B, pasal kalau ade org bising dlm cinema, most likely aku akan diam je

aku harap satu hari nnt aku akan mnang RM100 dlm mtv's boiling points haha