Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh Raya Oh~

Okay. It’s time to update my blog. And I did just that. I revamped the layout and I think it looks less monotonous than before. Heh. Owh, and I will never get track of the visitors because I keep on changing the tracking system, got it from Thaqif’s blog (like my blog matters to others la kan. It is just for own satisfaction :p).

Anyway it’s time for a new post. It’s past my self deadline. If I work in a magazine, I’m fired for sure. Lol. Everyone talks about how festive their Raya is. So again, should I follow the trend? Guess I will. Typical I am. Here goes the chronology of my Raya 2008:

1. The tradition has changed a bit during malam Raya. Usually we would go to ANW, but this year KFC came to our Rasah home. Due to some working cousins belanja- ed us. Thanks Abang and Waffi and Angah Wani and Along Zura! Owh, and Fuad Syukri too. For the first raya as a muslim =).

2. The first raya wasn’t as eventful as before due to absence of few families. But it was still great anyway. The laksa and mee kari were still the bomb. Owh, and there was incident involving a big rat on avenge mission (rat from hell says the victim) who bit the victim, caused some war at early dawn and survive alive and satisfied to scare us off next time (damn you cheeky mouse!).

3. The second raya was so unlike last year due to much lesser people in Keluarga Kawal gathering. And we didn’t buy any cabutan bertuah. Pak cik was so lucky (he won 4 lucky draw and 1 meneka éclairs competition. Early birthday gift :p). Also, Abang and Angah Wani got the EXTRA duit Raya for completing their studies (And they say it’s only for IPTA. Guess they don’t know the hard works us IPTS students had to go through. Sigh)

4. My accumulated duit raya was over 100. I considered that an achievement. Yeay!

5. I finally went and met my Georgian friends after months. The guilt was released (phew)! And I even went beraya to balai polis. Hee..

6. Karaoke and mapley session with the out-of-this-world cousins were great. I’m glad we still could hang out together. They are still as crazy as ever!

7. I’ve watched two movies but not KAMI. I think Mamma Mia was better than Eagle eye because it was more original in term of story line. (I think repeated concept of a movie is lame).

8. I’ve watched a documentary ‘Inside Islam’ in History channel and it’s a good refreshing memories and knowledge to the ignorant me.

9. I think time past by nearly as the same speed as sound (if I say light Einstein would grovel in his grave. Lol) and now I’m back in UTP.

10. I have to do my poster for my FYP. How a boring fact to end the chronology. Anyway, just discovered it is due on 17th October 2008. Why did I come back soo early?? Whyyy????

Sigh again. Anyway, here are some photos commemorate the eventful festival. I will always love Raya (but a tad lesser when I am giving duit raya instead of getting them. It’s a symbolic transition from fun young days to a more serious, mature me. Yeah, right.

Moi Familia
Second Syawal





First Syawal





*Pictures speak thousand words =)

5 comments:

Hani said...

oh kenape i have in mind that u would wear brown?

haha!

selamat hari raya!

LazyS said...

selamat hari raya darling!

:-D
seronok gile tgk gamba2 ko. rasa cam nk join je family ko raya.ahaha

Shafiq Fhadly said...

1stly, aku ske gambar kt atas skali tu.klo slipar tu baling kt ko best gak. tp siyesly lawa.

2ndly, WOW meriah tol raya ko zainur. siap ada lucky draw la, karok la. raya aku len kali nk wat cenggitu gak la hehe

aween mokhtar said...

zac - you've thought on me on raya? wow.haha. coklat tu last minute ok. mcm ade sixth sense je :p

pini - selamat hari raya! maaf zahir batin =).jom2, dtg ble da blk msia. keke.

capiq - baling selipar?demm kamu. haha. yer, family aku mmg camtu. that explains a bit of my wengness. haha :p

thaqifroslim said...

ya ur blog matters to others la....okay, maybe some. (;