Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Memoir ( Part 2, 3, 4)

Yes. I am quite lazy to write each part. So here goes my second (third, fourth) part memoir on my friends here in UTP (warning: longest post)


“What do you have against Mawi? Rezeki dia, tak payahla nak kutuk teruk-teruk. Macam die pernah sakitkah hati kau je.” Ok, that was an ultimate emotional debate between me and Abang S. To think I ever defended Mawi was another funny, amusing story even to myself, but debates with a well known, superbly talented debater were another thing. But despite all the arguments, Abang S impressed me. A lot. Boleh katakan macam role model jugakla (Sila jangan kembang setaman wahai Abang S :p). A metrosexual guy (he owns clothes much more expensive than mine.Sob sob), debater, achiever; one could definitely envy him. Cuma kaki gosip dan kutuk orang tu another side of him. Keke. Anyways, he introduced us to Kucing Grey, a guy with a history with someone and present and future with another someone (ehem ehem :p), who always lepak in UTP and we’ve become friends till now. He’s as great as me because we are the Red Devil’s fans =).

So, I’ve spent the next few semesters in Village 2, where I was roommate-less for one semester, or two (My short term memory is terrible). One of the memories I’ve had there was my friends did a banner ‘Happy Birthday Zainur’ with signs all over them, and they hanged it outside my room. Oh, so sweet. And by the way, that room was used to ‘usha’ orang and play with this duck of mine, where it has squeaky annoying sound when pinched. And they love doing that until someone looked back at my room. How clever. And wicked. Lol. Anyway, I was starting to be closer to Amy and Peyton as they were all I had at the time (Gila sedih. Hehe). And, by the end of semester berapa entah, I was introduced to some new friends, their coursemates: Mary, Mimi, Nad and Ita. Yeah, new friends. But when we became housemates then we’ve got closer.

My close girl friends were mostly from Chemical Engineering. Not to say I don’t have any from my course, I’ve had my share of memories with my coursemates. My bff was one of them. Lol. So, it’s like 80++ guys and 30 girls. We have a lot more girls than our seniors. My first impression: the guys were so immature. They would make loud noises during classes, acted so phonily or bajet in other word. But, despite all that, we’ve managed to have Mechanical Engineering Club (Meche) to ourselves for two terms. And it was great. We’ve been to trips and conducted events. Those trips where we would cerita hantu and played teka teki (Oh yea, one funny teka teki from my bff: Bandar apa paling banyak. Answer: Seremban. Sebab dia ada tiga. Oh so ‘funny’). He was naturally a ‘funny’ person. His definition of funny was teasing people. Anyway, you could see some hate memoirs dedicated to him. It’s a love hate relationship actually (love for a friend of course). On the good side, I could really talk to him. On stuffs. He made my days when his jokes were funny (in real). And he’s very frank. I like that when my friends are not hypocrite. However, when being too frank, it gets annoying. Oh, and we’re stuck in everything together. Labs, group works, clubs, even managed our batch dinner together. Yes, I can rely on him when it comes to work. Because I’m too used to him. I’ll always consider him as my bff (heh) although we could spend one semester not talking to each other. He’s getting married next year (insyaallah) and I wish him all the happiness in the world.




Besides him, I was close to Man (he used to be my pendengar masalah or vice versa. Maybe not too often now. But thanks for being the cool friend =)). And Jebby (ex roommate of bff and current roommate of Man). I wasn’t close to him then but as final year is approaching, Jebby la peneman bersuka ria, duka, prob, karok, pembekal south park etc. And dia tak habis paper lagi (together with Man). Good luck! =). I was close with the girls, especially Buntal, Cilla and Chaong. Chaong was my temporary bff during early days, Buntal during intern and final year and Cilla is my housemate. Anyway, I will miss Meche and everything we did together. It was the most laid back bunch of lads (Not the girls. They were rajin. Mungkin sebab itu saya malas).

Oh yeah, before I get into the final part of my memoir, I forgot to tell on another bunch of cool lads. Okay, honestly, the term budak kelantan used to annoy me. Because I was one of the skeptical people who were judgmental. I’ve got to know these guys called Freestylers (name of their football affiliation) through Mary towards the end of semester before we went for internship. It turned out they were not all from Kelantan. And they were one of the coolest people around. I mean guys who didn’t mind practicing with bunch of amateur women in football. They’ve helped Smackthat (name of our futsal team) won first runner up in UTP league by being unselfish and helpful. And they were awesome. Really. That opens up my mind and eyes that I shouldn’t be too judgemental. One of the Freestylers that I’ve become close friends with is Zeeraf (giraffe?haha :p). He’s this urban, altruistic bla2, all in all, interesting and worth to be friends with. Can really open up your mind to new things and concepts, also new vocabs. Lol. Anyways, if any of you Freestylers is reading this, kamu memang budak kelantan + kedah + KL + Selangor + Serata Malaysia yang best!

Next part: Final chapter. =)

P/s: I’m scared I left out any names. Anyway, semua budak UTP batch Jan04 rox. We might be lame to people, but we’ve managed to survive these five years without jadi ulat buku semata-mata. Thumbs up to us! Wuhuu!

5 comments:

Hani said...

oh u and ur bff rock our batch dinner.

jomlah bright and glittering version 2.0 haha

nadeetos said...

now u still minat mawi ke? :P

aween mokhtar said...

ahah.bley zac.but i want to come as guest ley? :p

teetos, I am neither a hate or love mawi deeply nowadays. zaman kanak2 je dlu :p

Anonymous said...

haih, bff anda tu mmg suke menyakat anda kan :) xpe kite dah cubitkan die sbb buli awk. keke u r his bff too, he told me ;)

aween mokhtar said...

Ahah.Thanks Dian ;).
Awak mmg penyelamat kite:p.
Anyway, remember, me as VIP ok. Hehe.